Yes, I admit. I’m a lover of green curries.
I love how it’s spicy, but not too spicy. And the coconut flavour… to die for!
It took a while until I found the perfect spices to make my own curry at home. I used to buy ready-to-use curry paste, but I prefered to have powdered spices. Ofcourse you can also make your own curry paste from scratch, but a premixed powdered spice is much easier and quicker.
So now I found Jonnie Boer’s Thai Green Curry which has all the needed herbs and spices mixed into one lovely looking tin. With some water or oil you can make the powder into a paste and add it to the pan. One tin contains enough to make at least 10 portions.
Oh, and if you’re wondering: No, I wasn’t sponsored to promote this. I just love the curry, I’m excited about this product and that’s why I share it with you.
So, let’s stop talking and start cooking.
- 1 chicken filet, cut into smaller pieces/cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- olive oil
- 140 gr. white rice
- 1 zucchini
- 125 gr. mushrooms
- 400 ml. coconut milk
- 7-9 gr green curry spices. I used Jonnie Boer’s Thai Green Curry. I made this into a paste with some olive oil.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package
- Bake the chicken filet in a wok with some olive oil. If you want you can add some chicken seasoning to it, but I personally don’t think it’s necessary
- When the outside of the chicken is baked, add the onion and bake until they start to get soft.
- Then add the zucchini and mushrooms. Bake/stir fry this until the zucchini is still a bit crispy.
- Pour in all the coconut milk and your prepared curry paste. Mix this until the paste is dissolved.
- Let simmer for a bit and taste it a few times. If you want you can add some salt and I prefer to add some sugar. I used two tablespoons of sugar for this dish for two persons.
- To plate the dish I’ve put some clean film into a bowl, added the rice and then turned the bowl upside down on the plate. Make sure to remove the clean film if this sticks to the rice. For a finishing touch I’ve added some sesame seeds on top.
Happy cooking and for sure enjoy eating it!