It’s always such a task to think of something special to give for Father’s Day.
Usually it would be his favorite balm, a keychain, a picture…
But this year you’re going to give something special: aftershave with a scent he’ll love.
I have to admit that I contacted my Mum to verify that the scent I had in mind really would be something my Dad would like. After all, she probably knows best how he wants his aftershave.
It’s easy to make, although it takes a while for the liquid to really absorb the scents. You need to stir once in a while, but in between you can read a magazine outside in the sun.
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 tablespoon Glycerin
- 20 cloves
- 1/3 stick of Cinnamon, cut in some pieces
- Any scent oil your Dad will love. I used Musk. Other nice scents: cedarwood, sandalwood or a citrus-y smell.
- drinking glass/cup
- empty bottle/container
- Put the rum and glycerin in a cup and stir untill it is transparent again
- Add the cloves, cinnamon and about 10-20 drops of your scent (this depends on how strong your scent is and what your Dad would like)
- Stir a bit and then leave it for a while with a closed top
- Stir every half hour or so, until it has enough smell for you taste. I left mine for about 3 hours.
- Filter out the pieces and put the liquid in the bottle
- Add a nice label to the bottle to make it extra special.
- Test a bit of the liquid on the inside of your elbow and/or underneath your jaw. Just to be sure….
What scents will you add to surprise our Dad on Father’s Day?
Happy gift giving!