Happy New Year! I’m wishing you a lot of blessings for this year.
As many bloggers do these days, I will also look back to last year and look forward to what this year could bring.
Last year I told 2012 was my happiest year yet and that I hoped it would continue in 2013.
Well, not exactly.
2013 wasn’t that bad at all, but it brought an unexpected change in my life.
Half way through the year I lost my job, which was hard at the beginning. What to do now? Will I be able to find another job? A lot of insecurities.
After a long time thinking, making up my mind and writing pro-con lists, I decided I would go back to college and start the follow-up study on what I had done before (medical laboratory analist).
In September I started with this and I’m very gratefull that it is going very well. My grades are a lot higher than I expected! I realised: ‘I can do this!’.
And then in December I moved to Utrecht, where I study. It’s a bit of a 360 degree turn. In January I was looking to buy a house, and now I’m living in a student room! In a city that is quite big in my eyes and where I don’t know anyone, 2014 is going to be a big adventure.
It’s been a year of taking time to be sad about something, but also about standing up again and create a new future.
Saddest thing of 2013
Getting to know that my contract wouldn’t be enlarged and that I would loose my job
Best thing of 2013
My London trip
– Being succesfull at college
– Finishing my 365 Day Project ‘Picture Perfect’
– Participate at the World Music Contest with Showband Irene-Ede
Things I’ve been grateful for in 2013
– My mom, who I can always call when I need to talk or to help me make a decision
– My dad, to help me with technical & practical things
– My sister & her hubbie, for fun times
– Mexy, for looking at me with her sweet eyes and being soft to cuddle.
– My friends who supported me and shared their time with me
– My family
– Meeting Rasa in London and keeping in touch with her.
– My hairdresser, for turning my straight hair into curly with just the use of scissors
– My blogreaders, yes you too!, for tuning in everytime something new is posted and enjoying what I share.
And now there’s a whole new year in front of us.
Here’s what I hope 2014 will bring me:
– Make some new friends in Utrecht & be a part of a cool student society
– Share some valuable time with my family & friends
– Continue blogging & being creative, because that’s what I love most.
– I hope I’ll be able to visit London again this year, I really miss that city!
– A healthier lifestyle that I’ll be able to stick to for longer than 2 weeks.
– Oh, and get some good grades at college. Would be nice…
What are your wishes for this year? What do you want to do in 2014?